My friends are a big part of my life. A large majority of them I have been friends with since freshmen year and throughout the years we have become so close. They always let me be myself, which is very important. I never have to be someone I am not with them. Of course we all have lots of things to do but we always try to make time to hang out and catch up. They have taught me what it means to be a true friend and how to stick together in the good times and the bad.
In grade school I learned to play the guitar. I have stuck with it and have been in love ever since. Having a skill and passion is great because it gives me something to spend my time on. Music is very important to me and it as become a large part of my identity. From what my room looks like to how I spend my money, music dictates a lot of my life. I play the bass guitar in the Mount orchestra, but I really just like playing for myself rather than joining lots of groups. Learning an instrument has taught me that I can learn almost anything if I practice enough and stick with it.
As much as I do not want to admit it, attending Mount Saint Joseph has become part of my identity. When one hears all girls catholic school, many stereotypes come to mind, yet the Mount has help me become so much more than that. Being in an environment that focuses solely on woman's education has giving me a chance to thrive and grow in a different way than if I attended a coed school. As a Freshman I was not sure I made the right decision, but reflecting back on it four years later I cannot imagine attending any other school.
No comments:
Post a Comment